If you like plain black coffee, then low-carb at Starbucks shouldn’t be too difficult. But if you’re cursed with a sweet tooth, it isn’t so easy to skip the sugar on your way out. But you can use Splenda at the condiment bar. And you can ask the barista to add Stevia. Yep, they have that.
If you prefer handcrafted drinks with 40+ grams of carbs, try this:
- Cold brew coffee (this is generally less bitter than brewed iced coffee)
- Heavy cream (a creamy texture can make up a bit for sweetness)
- Sugar-free syrup, such as Cinnamon Dolce or Vanilla (be warned that the sugar-free vanilla syrup has an ingredient that can cause a bit of an insulin response)
And this is less expensive than the high-sugar handcrafted beverages.
If you like to grab a bite to eat at Starbucks, then here are a couple of ideas:
- Try the Egg and Cheese Protein Pack. Just skip the little piece of bread. If you feel small servings of fruit will exceed your daily carb allowance, then you should probably skip this menu item.
- Try the Sous Vide Egg Bites. They’re quite satisfying.
While these menu items are relatively low-carb, they’re not super low. But they fit fine in my diet.