- Go to Settings/General/Passcode Lock.
- Turn on the Passcode Lock on if it isn’t already.
- Tap the toggle for Simple Passcode to Off. If you have an existing code, you will be asked to enter it.
- Tap the keyboard key in the lower left corner to toggle to the numeric/special characters keyboard.
- Use on the number keys to enter a numeric code, then tap Next.
- Re-enter the numeric code again (after you change to the numeric keyboard), then tap Done.
When you wake up your iPhone, your Passcode screen should look something like this.