In my tradition of trying to keep posts short, I will make my iPhone 6 predictions brief.
- 4.7-inch screen: Yep. It’s about time.
- 5.5-inch screen: Probably. Not sure when it will debut.
- iWatch: Yep. Apple will show it off on September 9, but not sure when it will hit the market.
- 32GB Storage to Start: Nope. 16GB will still be the starting point.
- Better Camera: Probably. Since the new design will have a 0.77mm protrusion for the camera, Apple will have to spin how the remarkable camera was worth disrupting the enclosure’s smoothness.
- NFC: Yes. It will be in the iPhone, and half of the tech press will act like Apple invented this technology.
- Mobile Payments: Yes. Visa, MasterCard, and American Express will support payments with TouchID for verification. It will use iPhone 6’s NFC, but there might be some capability for iPhone 5s and earlier to use some method for mobile payments. But who really knows.
- iOS 8: This is the real news. Many of the technologies might be overdue, but the new OS will increase the usability of Apple’s mobile devices. Making TouchID functionality available to other apps should make verifying your identity very convenient.