If you’re like me, you participate in conference calls with your iPhone. I frequently use headphones or a bluetooth headset during such calls. I hate when the screen locks, then it’s my turn to speak, and I fumble to get to the screen where I can unmute myself. Oddly, the iPhone doesn’t lock when the speaker phone is enabled, but using headphones will lock you out after a bit.
Here’s a tip to get to the mute toggle much quicker:
- With a call active, wake the screen on your locked iPhone.
- Owners of iPhone 6s and later phones can pick up the phone.
- Owners of iPhone 6 and earlier phones can press the Home button.
- Owners of iPhones with Touch ID (iPhone 5s and later) can press the Home button with a fingernail or a finger that is not programmed for Touch ID.
- Tap the phone number and timer area near the top of the screen.
The phone call controls will appear without the need to unlock the phone.
Told you it was quick.